The competitions will be held in La Scuola of Eataly Flatiron on november 11th and La Scuola of Eataly Los Angeles on november 14th.
First part – at «La Scuola»
- Barista life is different in Italy. A little more hectic and slightly more chaotic. You’ll need to Barista like an Italian to come out victorious.
- 2 Baristi compete simultaneously on an identical setup and equipment.
- Each Barista must complete a typical Italian order that could happen at any moment in an Italian bar. The Barista must prepare the drinks correctly but in any order and place them in front of the correct customer. Quality drinks served in an efficient manner with an eye to customer service is the key to winning each round.
- Round Robin style elimination. 8 Baristi – 1 winner.
Second part – Latte art at Caffè Vergnano 1882 Coffee shop
The latte art competition will take place at the coffee shop within Eataly.
- Classic latte art smackdown. 2 baristi compete at once in a simple latte art pour.
- Most votes goes through to the next round.
Latte art at the coffee shop
MAKE A MOKA
TAKE AN ITALIAN ORDER
Prepare 2 PERSONALIZED DRINKS * with coffee
11th of November
at La Scuola of Eataly New York Flatiron
14th of November
at Belmont Park, San Diego
Starting from 9am until 5pm
The winner of the competition wins a trip to Torino to visit the Caffè Vergnano Premier training campus and roasting facility.
All the participants will receive a special Vergnano Barista kit at the end of the competition day!